Treasure Valley's Concrete Raising Professionals & the Polylevel Foam Solution
When concrete slabs crack and sink due to soil compaction or wash-out, they not only turn your once-new driveway, patio, pool deck or sidewalk into an eyesore, they can also create potentially dangerous tripping hazards. So, what’s the best approach to fixing cracked and sunken concrete?
A Technological Breakthrough
Recently, a technological breakthrough has provided a simple and effective solution for lifting and leveling concrete slabs. Polylevel™ is a lightweight, strong high-density polyurethane foam that is pumped beneath concrete slabs through tiny ports about the size of a penny. Initially, Polylevel flows like water, filling even the smallest cracks and crevices in the soil. It quickly expands and hardens, lifting the slabs above it and compressing the soil around it at the same time. Polylevel is waterproof, so it will never wash out, and it won’t degrade over time due to temperature extremes. Best of all, Polylevel cures quickly, allowing your concrete to be used normally the same day.
Traditional Concrete Lifting
Before Polylevel, there used to be two basic options for lifting and leveling concrete: mudjacking and slab replacement. Both approaches have limitations and disadvantages:
- Can be extremely messy
- Leaves large and obvious patched holes
- Is extremely heavy, which can result in more sunken and cracked concrete down the road
- Can be expensive
- Is disruptive — slabs can take days or even weeks to cure
- Involves pouring new concrete over bad soil, which only delays future problems
- Can leave an unsightly patchwork of old and new concrete
- A lightweight solution that does not further compromise existing soil
- An environmentally friendly material that will not degrade over time
- Polyurethane foam is waterproof and won’t wash out
- High capacity allows for lifting of heavy loads
- Cures quickly — concrete can be used in hours, not weeks
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Polylevel is actually quite cost-effective because it offers a solution that is long-lasting, unlike mudjacking and slab replacement. And, your concrete will never cost less to repair than it does right now.
Polylevel cures very quickly. In fact, you can drive your car over a driveway slab just 15 minutes after it’s been lifted with Polylevel.
Yes. Polylevel is made from an environmentally friendly material that is waterproof and won’t degrade over time. This means it won’t leach harmful chemicals into the surrounding soil.
No. Polylevel is a proprietary product developed by Supportworks and is available exclusively from Mr. Mudd and other contractors in the Supportworks network.
Call or click for an appointment. One of our design specialists will come to your home and inspect your concrete. He or she will then sit down with you and explain what caused your issues, how they can be fixed and exactly what it will cost.